Factoring in planning considerations, (an area of outstanding natural beauty site, with light pollution challenges) identify, curate, deliver and promote an original new accommodation offering for The Fish Hotel, a back-to-nature bolt hole on a 400 acre estate in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- We looked at what type of accommodation trends were coming through within the regional UK hotel sector over the last few years to assess demand.
- We investigated the space between traditional country house hotel accommodation and glamping to see if there were any gaps. We felt there was potential demand for unique and quirky, yet stylish and comfortable accommodation.
- Attending the likes of the Glamping Show to view the various accommodation options gave us an insight into the sector.
- We settled on Shepherd Huts as they were ‘planning light’, easy to implement and cost effective.
- We went about value engineering the space to make sure we included all the necessary hotel luxuries, such as widening the standard hut to incorporate the bathroom, adding hot tubs to the decks, moving the bed so that we could build in a full size double and lots more attention to detail points.
- We also positioned the Huts with stunning views to create a wow factor and ensured they were completely private from one another.
- An innovative approach to marketing the Huts through a combination of PR, social media and strong visuals allowed us to take them to market successfully.
Year-round occupancy of 95%
Media coverage for the Hotel via ‘advertising equivalent value’ metrics of over £250,000
A 3 year payback return on the investment made.
For more information visit: https://www.thefishhotel.co.uk
If any of this hits the spot, we'd love to hear about your own Hotel(s) and have a no obligation chat.